2023 IEEE Green Technologies Conference Volunteers
Volunteers will be needed to perform a wide range of roles, including welcoming, directing people, assisting with sessions and coordinating. Volunteer shifts are in blocks with a minimum of 4 hours, and volunteers will earn an hour of meeting attendance, excluding paid events such as the tutorials, dinners or receptions, for every hour of volunteer time. Lunch or dinner will be provided for volunteers taking two shifts back-to-back.
Please review the information below and then join our great team:
The Volunteer Coordination Team for this event can be reached at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or would like to be notified as soon as the Volunteer Schedule is posted, please contact us.
The 2023 IEEE IEEE Green Technologies Conference is in Denver, CO, USA, April 19 – 21, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center. This meeting is expected to have over 150 attendees, and volunteers will be needed to perform a wide range of roles, including welcoming, directing people, assisting with sessions, and coordinating.
Basic Volunteer Requirements
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteers must be able to obtain appropriate transportation to and from the meeting site.
- Volunteers must be local residents of the Denver area.
- Volunteers are expected to be punctual and arrive typically 30 minutes prior to the shift for coordination. Signing in prior to and out after one’s shift in the Volunteer Room will be required.
- Use of drugs or alcohol prior to or during one’s shift or shifts is not permitted.
- All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver in regard to the use of photographs in which the volunteer may be present.
- The dress code is clean long pants with the supplied volunteer T-shirt and comfortable walking shoes with appropriate outerwear, i.e.: jackets and hats, depending on the weather.
- Volunteers will earn an hour of meeting attendance, excluding paid events such as tutorials, dinners, or receptions, for every hour of volunteer time completed per person. Blocks of four hours minimum per shift are required, and the time is not transferable to another person.
- Generally, volunteers should have earned the meeting attendance time prior to attending the meeting. Meeting attendance prior to one’s shift is only allowed by prior agreement with the Volunteer Coordination Team. Sign in and out is required for the meeting attendance incentive.
- For special circumstances (for example, unavailability of transit) local parking and transit fares may be provided with the approval of the Volunteer Coordination Team.
- Lunch or dinner will be provided when a volunteer undertakes two 4 hour shifts back to back (8 hours total). Volunteers are not to partake in meals provided for meeting attendees.
- Volunteers will be provided with volunteer T-shirts and identification indicating they are official volunteers for this IEEE event.
- Water will be provided during each four-hour shift with appropriate breaks.
Volunteers should speak to their employers and seek approval where required before they commit to volunteering.
Check-in: Please allow time to park and/or walk to the venue. When you arrive, please find your way to the volunteer room. You will be provided with a volunteer identification badge with your name and affiliation.
Dress Code: “Business casual”, i.e. slacks and button-up shirt for men, no jeans. A volunteer shirt will be provided for all who have signed up for volunteer duties. This will allow attendees to identify us and present a uniform look.
Meals: Lunch or dinner will be provided when a volunteer undertakes two 4 hour shifts back to back (8 hours total). Water will be provided during each four hour shift with appropriate breaks.
Volunteers are Responsible for the orderly distribution of registration materials, name badges, and any orientation information for all pre-registered attendees. Training and a walk-through of the facility will be provided once onsite. Registration serves as a backup information booth for the conference as well, so volunteers need to become familiar with the conference program logistics.
Requirements- Heavy conversational interaction with registrants is required so a good command of English will be beneficial. The ability to work extended hours and stand for long periods at a time is also required. A smile and welcoming spirit are also mandatory.
An Information Desk will be set up with members from the local organizing committee (LOC) and volunteers to answer general attendee questions about the meeting. For registration-related questions, including event and tour ticket information, attendees should be directed to the main Registration desk.
Requirements- Heavy conversational interaction with registrants is required so a good command of English will be beneficial. The ability to work extended hours and stand for long periods at a time is required. A smile and welcoming spirit are also very important.
- Oral Sessions / Academic & Industry Panel Sessions
- Workshop / Tutorial Sessions
Volunteers will be required for set up and event assistance. On the day of the event:
- Check badges when the doors open
- For Tutorials, collect tickets or verify correct attendance using the registration list. The course material will be distributed to attendees separately.
- Direct anyone without proper credentials the registration Desk
- Distribute and collect session evaluation reports, laser pointers, etc. for each session.
- A projector, laser pointer, slide advancer will be available in each presentation room. Each presenter is responsible for bringing their own laptop. Ensure presenters are able to connect their laptop and that presentation displays correctly on the screen.
- You might also need to explain how to use the laser pointer and slide advancer. Spare batteries will be available.
- Ballrooms: A/V Support staff will be available to manage the video and audio levels in these large rooms.
- Ensure that the Session Chair’s lapel microphone is placed correctly on their lapel or on their tie close to their neck, NOT more than 6 inches from their mouth.
- There will be a sound mixer in these larger rooms but the mixer should not require adjustment unless the speaker’s voice is very soft.
- Help Session Chair keep the session on time.
We will provide contact information in the event that anything goes drastically wrong. At the end of the speaker’s talk, there will be time for questions. An instructional overview of the AV equipment will be scheduled onsite.
Requirements – Must be technologically savvy. Ability to work extended hours.
- Poster Sessions Monitors:
- Check for badges at the door and also inside the venue.
- Direct anyone without proper credentials the registration Desk
- Work with coordinator of Poster sessions to ensure boards are numbered correctly and pushpins, markers, tape, etc. are accessible at every board.
- Assist authors with placement of papers.
- Assist attendees with finding sections/papers via floor plans. Volunteers are to direct attendees out of the room at the end of the event.
Attendee Breakfast & Lunch – Breakfasts and lunches for all conference attendees, presenters and conference poster session presenters will be available Thursday and Friday.
- Volunteers are required to check badges and direct attendees to and from this event.
- Direct people without badges to return to their room for the badge or to purchase a new badge at the registration desk.
Reception – Awards for the best papers will be presented at this event on Thursday evening. Volunteers are to provide information to attendees as required for this event and to check badges.
- Work with the conference planner to assist with signage and any other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance and direction to meeting attendees.
- Runners are reserve volunteers who could be filling any volunteer role required in any area and covering volunteer breaks. These roles will be assigned on the day of their shifts.
A program of optional technical tours in the Denver area.
- A volunteer is to accompany each tour or bus.
- Volunteer to help verify names on the list/take tickets.
- One volunteer is needed with communication availability to tour company in case of problems, and to remain at the starting point in case of late arrivers or other situations.